Quotable quips from the Zen M gang, their friends, and beyond.
I’m gonna sing a line then I’m gonna riff a little bit then I’m gonna sing again then I’ll riff a little more.
– Phil, covering Tom Petty
Your sweatpants are hanging on both sides, do you have those on backwards? You got front butt happening.
– Mason & Madding
Mystery solved! When asked what’s the difference between a violin and a fiddle:
“A fiddle is a violin you can spill your beer on.”
– Kyle’s great Aunt Maude, virtuoso fiddle player
It feels good all along my g-string.
– Phil about his repaired and resuscitated bass
Ted: Did you talk to the bass maker?
Phil: No, but I talked to his daughter…
Would you like to be shot to death with a crouton gun?
– Phil to Emily, being empathetic to her gluten intolerance
That means a lot coming from an autistic.
– Emily, thanking Phil for a compliment he gave
We embellish with integrity.
– Kyle Mason
I feel good ’cause I’m adventurous but I’m sad ’cause it’s not as good.
– Phil, about ordering food at a diner
It’s not the size of the room that matters, it’s whether you have a PBR trough.
– Madding, in the green room backstage at the Oriental Theater
You gotta rub it before you put it on your mouth.
– Phil, massaging his Qdoba before unwrapping it
I didn’t like that guy’s organ.
– Justin, commenting on the local band he watched last night
I’m waiting for my sponge bath later.
– Madding, laid up with a bum knee but playing live on KGNU anyway. Some great attitude directed toward his roadie.
Let me paint a Picture of Where I live now: Just went into a country gas station to use bathroom. They had signs on each aisle describing what each contained. Aisle number one’s sign was “fireworks, ammunition, fishing reels” I feel like you needed to know that.
– BJ to Geoff via text, after arriving in South Carolina
By the way buddy, I’m big spoon.
– Geoff to Ethan
Is that water room temperature?
– Ethan Bernstein
They saw a whale. They’re doing alright.
– BJ about Ted and Sarah, even though they had their computer stolen in Bolivia.